Constructing a pilot model (a new mobile phone service platform) for buildings, which allows local public access and edition (wiki-like) of its metadata, through smart-phones technology. It will then empirically analyze under experimental conditions, which consequences this will bring for the different stakeholders related to such as service quality, citizenship participation, design feedback and energy efficiency.
- Participating departments within Aalto
- Aalto School of Arts, Media and Architecture
- Aalto Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Aalto Business School
- network of collaborators outside Aalto
- Tallinn University of Technology Department of Computer science
- Helsinki Railway Station
- London’s Goldsmiths University Department of Sociology
2. Main Activities
Develop a pilot model (a new mobile phone service platform) for buildings
Workshops and seminars
3. Expected outcomes
A working pilot model of a building, to provide with a new service for all the diferent layers involved in such
Academical documentation, via papers, workshops and seminars.
4. Contact information
Pedro Aibéo (pedro[at]aibeo.com)
- PhDc Aalto University, Arts, Media and Architecture, Design Architect and Media Artist
- has extensive work in the fields of architecture, media, art, music and engineering, with several offices, universities and institutions such as the Bauhaus, United Nations, Institut du Monde Arabe, National German Theatre. Etc.
Jukka K. Nurminen (jukka.k.nurminen[at]aalto.fi)
- Prof. at the Aalto Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- experience ranges from mathematical modeling to expert systems, from network planning tools to solutions for mobile phones, and from R&D project management to tens of patented inventions.